Welcome to the INDIATA website
The Indiana Art Therapy Association, is a professional organization in Indiana for art therapists, students, and individuals who support the use of art in a therapeutic manner and the advancement of the art therapy field.
Explore the site to learn more about the practice of art therapy; specifically in the state of Indiana.
For further questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
Art therapists are masters level professionals who hold a degree in art therapy or a related field. Educational requirements include:
- theories of art therapy
- counseling and psychotherapy
- ethics and standards of practice
- assessment and evaluation
- individual, group and family techniques
- human and creative development
- research methods
- practicum experiences in a variety of clinical, community, correctional, residential and/or educational settings.
Art therapists are skilled in the application of a variety of art modalities (drawing, painting, sculpture, and other media) for assessment and treatment.
To learn more about the professional credentialing of art therapists, please visit the Art Therapy Credentials Board (ATCB) website.
For news and information about the Indiana Art Therapy Association.